FIFO Management (“FM”) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information. References made to “we”, “us”, “our” or “FM” in this document refer to all business functions and employees of FIFO Management Pty Ltd.
FM is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“the Privacy Act”) and other relevant legislation pertaining to the collection of your information. FM have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) contained in The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012. These APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information. FM endeavours at all times to support and comply with these principles and standards.
1. What is Personal Information – How and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of personal information FM collects include, but are not limited to:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone and fax numbers. Basically, any information from which you can be identified;
- FM may request information about your demographics, preferences, interests and goals. Basically, any information from which we can identify and connect you with our Services.
This personal information is obtained from you and/or communicated to you in numerous ways, including SMS and email correspondence, consultation via face to face and telephone, our website, and publicly available sources such as media and publications if applicable.
To provide you with the best service possible when you apply for or undertake our Services, FM collects this personal information in order to:
- Respond to your specific request and consequent service requirements;
- Understand your needs, answer your questions, or suggest appropriate services for you, which may include financial services;
- Provide you with the customised products and services you want;
- Tell you about our existing or new products and services, special offers or other information that may be of interest to you;
- Assess or improve the quality of our products and services to you;
- Improve business resources such as our website functionality and content customisation according to your feedback and interests;
- Periodically contact you to invite your participation in our client satisfaction surveys and market research activities; and
- Meet legal requirements.
2. Use and Disclosure of your Personal Information
Your personal information may be disclosed under various circumstances including third parties where:
- You consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
We treat your personal information as strictly private and confidential and only disclose it to others where necessary. For example, FM may use or disclose the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To perform our business functions such as internal audit, operational risk, product and resource development and planning.
- Assist in arrangements with other organisations to whom we conduct business with or engage on your behalf for the provision of a product or service;
- Other organisations may include related entities such as banking institutions; credit reporting bodies, taxation authorities; superannuation funds; accountants; auditors; insurers; financial advisors; and authorities that may assist FM if required to identify, prevent or investigate fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct;
- Where an organisation or related entity may be located overseas FM will take all reasonable steps to ensure that it complies with Australian privacy laws or we will seek your permission to the disclosure via consent in writing;
- Your partner or spouse where they have sought advice jointly with you;
- To consider any concerns or complaints you raise against FM and to manage any legal action which may involve FM; and
- As required by relevant laws, regulations, codes of practice and external payment systems.
Personal information is only provided to other organisations, related entities or other service providers to the extent required to enable us to provide our services to you, or other services requested by you. FM will take all necessary steps to ensure the strictest confidentiality of your personal information is always maintained.
3. Absence of Relevant Personal Information
If you are not able to provide some or all the information requested, FM may be unable to provide you with our products or services.
4. Controlling, Accessing and Amending your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to or wish to fill in a form personally, electronically, online or on our website, look for the box that you can select to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for marketing or research purposes;
- If you have previously agreed to FM using your personal information for marketing or research purposes, you may change your mind at any time. Please write to or email us via contact details in clause 8.
You may request access to personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you require a copy of the information we hold about you, please write to or email us via contact details in clause 8. FM will not charge any fee for your access request, however may charge an incidental fee for collating and providing a copy of your personal information to you or the nominated third party.
In order to protect your personal information, we may require current identification from you before releasing the requested information.
To continue to provide quality services to you, it is important to us that your personal information is current, and FM will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or requires amendment, please write to or email us as soon as possible via contact details in clause 8 so we may promptly correct this.
FM will not sell or distribute your personal information to any third party at any time, without your permission via written consent, unless required or authorised by law.
5. Emails and Electronic Documents
Our privacy principles also apply to emails and electronic documents.
Our internet service provider or information technology staff may monitor email traffic for system troubleshooting and maintenance purposes only.
6. Website Analytics
We use this data to analyse the pages that are visited to improve your experience and ensure our website is functional and user friendly. You can read more about how Google uses data by visiting Google Analytics. You can choose not to allow Google to collect your information by opting out of Google Analytics.
Where our website contains links to other websites, FM is not responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of any such websites and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of those sites.
7. Security of Personal Information
Your trust matters most to us and FM takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Any information which affects privacy or any personal information or passwords (including the collection, storage, use, processing or disclosure of such information) must comply with privacy legislation including the Privacy Act 1988, National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009, the National Consumer Credit Protection Regulations 2010, and regulations, codes of conduct, directives or orders made or issued under any such legislation.
FM stores your personal information in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We have implemented commercially acceptable measures, along with physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you, both personally and electronically.
FM protects your personal financial information and funds held in trust by way of TRUST LAW and the latest banking technology, innovative security specifically designed to give extra protection against the most sophisticated security threats. This technology has been developed in conjunction with a global leader in online security.
While we strive to ensure such measures protect your personal information at all necessary costs, it is important to remember that no method of transmission over the internet, electronic correspondence or electronic storage is 100% secure from risk and/or threat, and FM cannot guarantee its absolute security. Where we become aware of any security or privacy breach we will immediately move to correct the breach and endeavour to notify you as soon as possible.
When your personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, FM will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information. However, most of the personal information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by FM for a minimum of seven (7) years.
FIFO Management Pty Ltd
PO Box 689, Burpengary QLD 4505
Email: [email protected]
Tel: (07) 5433 1894
SMS: +61 428 758 444